A Rozy View on Life

I am John Rozelle, hear me ROAR like a dinosaur!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On a more serious note

There are a lot of unstable elements in life. And as humans we seek stability. We need some sort of comfort, some sort of hope, something unchanging, something or someone trustworthy.
I have often found this in friends. No matter how bad life sucks, at least I have my friends. Or so I thought. In college one of my best friends committed suicide. I could no longer look to him for consistent comfort. I had always expected him to be there for me and now he was gone.
People will let us down, sometimes by their own doing, sometimes by no fault of their own. But there is still a longing for something stable. Something consistent. Something unable to fail us.
I have come to the conclusion this could not be something human. It must be something beyond the realm of our own human existence. If perhaps there were someone or something that was here before I came into existence and will be here long after I am gone, perhaps that could be the trustworthy source of an unending hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home