A Rozy View on Life

I am John Rozelle, hear me ROAR like a dinosaur!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Dance Maniac

For those of you who know me, you are well aware of the fact that I do not like to dance. Or more accurately; I cannot dance. Perhaps even more accurately; I cannot dance well. It has something to do with my absolute lack of rhythm. I am learning to clap and sing at the same time though, and am becoming quite average at it.
Now for the goods. So there we were in Morocco, enjoying a traditional Moroccan meal. Then comes our traditional dinner entertainment. Dancers. Scantily clad dancers. And a dancer with a tray balanced on her head that had many candles on it.Luckily she was wearing more clothes. She was, uh, more experienced in the realm of dancing. This based on her candles and less young looking appearance. I guess you have to prove yourself before they let you dance with candles on your head. I don't blame them.
So there we are watching the lady with candles on her head (perhaps this is her take on being the 'light of the world') when the first song ends. "First song" signifying yet another song to follow it. Perhaps this candle dancing woman had a special ability to perceive the flaws of her spectators and was well aware of my lack of abilities in the dancing arena. Early in her dance, she proceeds to our table, approaches my chair and begins rubbing my mohawk. A little awkward, but as you rightfully suspect, it gets worse. She then grabs my hand and pulls me out of the seat.(Note the excitement and willful accomodation expressed by my facial features. At least the guy on the left is having a good time.) I really don't have much time to deliberate "Is it better to be ridiculed for being a bad sport and not dancing with her or to be ridiculed for revealing one's horrible dance moves to their friends and a restaurant full of strangers?" Being in a good mood, I opted for the latter. There we are, in my public dancing debut.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Tim & Sara said…

    Oh man, I miss you guys. I would have LOVED to see that!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Matt McComas said…

    you've got moves man!!!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Matt Mikalatos said…

    Maybe it was the dancer's birthday.

    Who blew the candles out?

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Allison said…

    John, you dance more than you let on...when you think people are not looking. At least you had it better off than Graham. Thanks for chosing the latter of your two options...it made all of us happy. I laughed a lot that night.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Staci said…

    she's cute!

    looks like you can dance to me.
    did you get your visa? what's the status?....

    praying for you,
    staci

     

Post a Comment

<< Home