A Rozy View on Life

I am John Rozelle, hear me ROAR like a dinosaur!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Walking a kilometer in someone else's shoes

In my pursuit of trying to understand the minds behind those who carry man purses I have gone the extra kilometer in attempting to acheive personal understanding. Yes, I spent aproximately 10 minutes (metric minutes, not standard) on a Croatian tram in Zagreb putting myself in the place of those who carry man bags. I myself was one of these men for a mere 10 minutes.

In this short time, I desired to better understand the phenonenom and the psychology undergirding the abundance of man purses in Europe. After my 10 minute bout, I fearfully regret that this experiment yielded no repeatable results. No new insights were gained, no revelations of man pursing were discovered. I fear that all that came of this experiment was a certain amount of uncomfortableness. Discomfort on the part of my friends around me, I am rather secure in myself.
On second thought, something else did come from this time on the tram. I noticed a sign that caught my attention and consumed my thoughts.

Why on earth would Europeans allow men to carry purses, but not allow men wearing jumpsuits on the tram? I just don't understand. It doesn't seem fair.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Matt Mikalatos said…

    Notes on the experiment:

    I noticed that when you were referring to a man purse that someone else was holding it was a "man purse" but when you were holding it, it was called a "man bag." You have a problem with holding purses?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Kevin said…

    If you really desire to get something meaningful out of this whole "man purse" experiment, I recommend you going with your color ... rozy. Yah, that's right, invest in a pink "man purse" or "man bag" whatever you want to call it really doesn't, just make sure you go big and go rozy! You're breaking my heart, John.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous kevin said…

    What I'm trying to say here is that it really doesn't matter what you call it, just make sure you go big next time. I never thought red was your color anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home