A Rozy View on Life

I am John Rozelle, hear me ROAR like a dinosaur!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

What do a Kansas farmer and a hippo have in common?

While driving on a highway in Kansas I saw a sign that stated, "One Kansas farmer feeds 128 people." I was reminded of this billboard a couple weeks later while observing a hippo in its "natural" environment.

Not only were there a tremendous amount of fish feeding off of some sort of algae on its back, but I also had the opportunity to see the hippo go #2.

I hate to be incredibly childish (that's a lie), but it truly was a fascinating experience. I watched as the hippo's excrement (of a very impressive size) rolled down the "ocean floor" of its "natural" environment. Many more fish flocked to the rolling lunch, as others swam to the source to feed off the recycled nutrition. Although perhaps too vivid a picture, it is quite pertinent to the Kansan farmer statistic. The hippo is sure to feed at least 128 fish, most likely 128 fish families, if not more. Farmers from Kansas and hippos in "natural" environments, I thank you for feeding our world.

Even if it is me that you are eating.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    Very impressive, sir. Props to you for your creativity, smooth linkage of unusual topics, and providing fitting real-life illustrations.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Christina--your girlfriend's friend said…

    I'm confused. Aren't you in Croatia?

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger John Rozelle said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Kristi said…

    It's always with a little bit of fear and trepidation that I check your blog. I'm reminded why....You're a funny man Mr. Rozelle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home