A Rozy View on Life

I am John Rozelle, hear me ROAR like a dinosaur!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Xtreme Hammocking

Leisure sports are not just for leisure anymore. One can very readily combine the relaxation of hammocking with the thrill of any extreme sport, let's say particularly of rock climbing. I believe this picture accurately conveys this concept.

When trees are not abundant, make use of what mother nature provides. "John, is this 'Xtreme hammocking' merely because it in on rocks and not trees, as most people commonly conceive the idea of hammocking?" you might ask. To this, I respond, "I believe the inginuity of hammocking between rocks instead of trees lends toward 'Xtreme Hammocking', but the utter sharpness of the rocks secures the terminology 'Xtreme'."

These rocks were incredibly sharp, which not only makes the possibility of falling more of an immediate concern, but also increases the chances of ropes becoming frayed or cut in the course of hammocking (again, increasing the potential for falling). This unfortunate circumstance did limit my ability to rock in the hammock (not a pun), but did not decrease the overall enjoyment of the 'Xtreme Hammocking' experience. (Don't worry Mom, I put my semester of Engineering to use to ensure maximun saftey for your favorite son).

Notice the gorgeous view that this particular instance of 'XH' obtained.

If anything, I hope this increases your respect for extreme leisure sports and even motivates you to combine two pastimes you enjoy to produce a new form of enjoyable recreation.

Keep on Hammocking.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Zoran said…

    nice! and where was this? Kostrena? And to comment on something else: being the FAVORITE son, I also presume you're the ONLY son? :))

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger John Rozelle said…

    Well, 1 out of 2 aint bad: it was on Lopud, and yes, you are correct- I am an only son. That hurts, Zoran.

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Zoran said…

    :) just kidding but you already know that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home