A Rozy View on Life

I am John Rozelle, hear me ROAR like a dinosaur!

Friday, May 12, 2006

One down, some more to go

This year in Croatia has consisted of many "firsts" for me. This year I have eaten my first salad, purchased a sweater, opened a foreign bank account, purchased scented toilet paper, eaten pasta every day for two weeks, and the list goes on.
A couple weeks ago Pete and I reached a landmark in our relationship as roommates. After only 8 months in Croatia, we finally exhausted our first box of laundry detergent. I know, it may have only said 40 loads, but some way or another, we have made it last 8 whole months. Think what you may, but I believe this can readily be explained by intentional conservation and effecient laundry usage or even by divine provision.


Jesus once made water into wine, and the Lord made a woman's supply of flour and oil not run dry in order to provide for Elijah, herself, and her son. Perhaps the laundry detergent is just one more example of the Lord's provision.

I know some of you are thinking to yourself, "John, stop trying to use the Bible to excuse your laundry habits." To you I say, "Judging others is one more activity judged as sin in the Bible." So thank you for not judging me:)

4 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats!! I know this is a huge accomplishment for you and pete...Hey maybe we should see if Croatia would instate a national holiday for you guys...I also think you should keep tack and see how long it will take you and Andy next year to go through a box of detergent...

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger francine said…

    I hope you and Pete realize that when you finally get married (and to actual women, not each other) that this is a feat relegated to bachelordom and will not be permitted within the context of marriage.

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger John Rozelle said…

    Francine, I fear that you did not read the last part of the post regarding passing judgment on others as being a sin it the Bible. You assume that since the laundry detegent lasted so long, that we must have poor hygiene. This, unfortunately, is an unfair and inaccurate conclusion.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger francine said…

    I wasn't passing judgment, John. I was simply informing you that women (generally) prefer for their men of God to smell...pleasant. Less like Esau and more like the guy in Song of Solomon, if you catch my drift. I stated that fact to simply enlighten you and Pete. You know John, quickly becoming defensive signifies guilt to the party to which you defend yourself. Feeling a bit guilty, are we? Furthermore, you assume that I was assuming that you have poor hygiene - and you know what they say about those who assume...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home